Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Make Your Mark Heavy and Dark

I personally love lists and checking things off. It's a sign of the planner in me I think. I feel so relieved and accomplished once I can truly check something off my list of things to do. Sometimes those types of feelings and ideas transfer to my personal life as well. I certainly don't think of traveling to other countries as something I want to experience just to "check it off my list," but I do think it can be really cool to map out where you've been. I saw this recently and I really love it. Check it out here. http://www.youandmetheroyalwe.com/prod-map.html It costs far more than I'd ever want to spend, but perhaps I could draw my own version. I'm no artist, but this is somewhat like tracing in that I would only need to draw the relative shapes of the countries. Perhaps I could in fact trace a world map loosely and achieve similar results. For now I use an online version of the same idea. The site links with facebook and allows me to easily mark where I've been from wherever I am so perhaps it is the more practical option anyhow, not to mention free. :) You can also make note of where you'd like to go, upload travel photos, or include a map detailing the places you've visited on you facebook profile. Pretty cool. http://apps.facebook.com/tripadvisortravelmap/?session=true&partner=FBUS7

Can you tell that I have travel on the brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment