Sunday, March 28, 2010

My First Caricature


Some friends and I went to Late Nite here on campus last night for the first time this semester. I'm happy to report that it was a huge success! We were some of the first to arrive and because of this, there were no lines for some of the really fun things we wouldn't usually want to wait for. We were able to have a caricature drawn by a local Muncie artist hired by the Late Nite staff. My roommate Emily had the wonderful idea to have him depict us as Mermaids. I couldn't be more happy with the results. I think mine really resembles me which is so cool, and Derek's is dead on as well (not to mention hilarious). My mother's an art teacher, it seems unfair that the artistic trait didn't carry over to me. I can be crafty in my own sense, but I certainly have no aptitude for drawing. Oh well, art wouldn't have much value if we were all capable of creating it. I'll just have to find my own niche.


Currently watching Richie Rich. Classic flick. I know you're jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment