Sunday, March 28, 2010

Running from the "real world."

Far too many times in the course of my life have my parents started a sentence with "In the real world..." Fill in the blank with some dreadful sounding 9-5 work your whole life away and never really experience anything nonsense(sorry mom and dad). The unfortunate truth in this world is that money is necessary. If you're lucky it's relatively easy to come by, but no matter who you are, it's much easier to rid yourself of. I'll admit that I have always been a lover of things. I have endless amounts of stuff. Clothing. Accessories. Shoes. Books. Essentially just crap, well....except the books. There always seems to be an infinite list of things that I want and money is definitely helpful in attaining those things, but eventually you become a slave to this cycle. Acquire money to acquire stuff.It seems the more you have, the more you want. What I want in this life far more that worldly possessions is to actually see the world. The real world that God created and the beauty he imprinted on it. I want a glimpse of Him in the heart's of his people from all over the world. I want to experience new cultures and make friends everywhere. I'm discarding my parent's view of the world and going out in search of my own. I'm terrified, but I cannot wait for all that's waiting for me....whatever that may be. I know that money will still play a huge role, but I'll find a way to make it that is not just bearable, but something I am truly joyous about. There has to be a way. Let the search begin!

For now...livin' it up in my last month at Ball State. I can't believe that's all I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment