Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rainbow Cake



Yesterday I made rainbow cake for no other reason than for the pure joy I knew it would bring me. I know I know, I'm a dork and a twelve year old, I'm aware. :) I first stumbled upon the idea at http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake and knew right away that I had to try it out. I have always been a fan of color, but I never would have thought that this would be possible or that it would turn out so perfectly! I have recently been seriously thinking about becoming an Au Pair in Italy for a year after I complete my internship this summer and this is definitely a recipe I would take with me and put to use if I do decide to do that. This would be the perfect cake to bake for a little girls birthday or you could even vary the color choices to make it perfect for a little boys as well. It's super easy, you just separate the batter into equal amounts based on the number of colors you plan to use and then add the die to each. Then you just kind of plop each color into the pan one by one on top of one another without mixing and they'll naturally spread out and stay separated making a perfectly delicious rainbow. It's a really quick and easy twist to boring white cake mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment