Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Eve

         Sydney puts on a really spectacular fireworks show annually to bring in the New Year and this year I was blessed with the honor of experiencing it. I was in North Sydney in a park opposite the Harbour bridge and the Opera House and we had a perfect spot! I went with my friend Romina and had the chance to meet a few of her roommates as well as her mother who was in town visiting her. We were there all day long and even made a few friends with people around us which helped to pass the time. I would compare it to Thunder Over Louisville, but it was really probably about triple the size which is pretty impressive if you've ever been to Thunder. Not only were there two sessions (one at nine for families and then another at midnight), but there were definitely lots more fireworks than Thunder in each one! It was a very expensive spectacle to say the least!


No comments:

Post a Comment