Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 5: Wellington to New Plymouth

        Day five was pretty uneventful as we spent most of it on the bus. We drove to Wellington in the morning and were there by 10 and then we had only two hours to see New Zealand's capitol city. I saw the waterfront, a couple streets and the inside of Starbucks and that was about it. ha. This is where I had to say goodbye to most of my new friends who were nice enough to walk us back to the bus station to see us off as we headed back north with a new group and tour guides.
        I was really sad to leave my group, but I still had a couple friends with me and I knew I would meet lots of new people back on the bus. After leaving Wellington we drove about 5 more hours which was kind of a bummer, but we had to get there and the driving had to be done. We ended up in New Plymouth on the west coast where both of my new group leaders were from. We all found our own dinner around town and had a very relaxing evening getting to know each other and enjoying the seaside campsite.

2 comments:

  1. You're adorable. Oh dear...if the train station and a playground make you cry, I'm glad I didn't see more. I'd be worried about your emotional health and I'd be so far away! :-P

    ReplyDelete