Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 2: Zorbing & Lakeside Campsite

        On the second day we drove to Rotorua, stopping for coffee for an hour on the way at Whiritoa Beach. Rotorua is known for it's thermal pools and is also a good place to take part in lots of fun activities. I chose to go Zorbing which only seemed right considering the Zorb was invented in New Zealand. It's basically a human sized hamster ball that you climb into and then are rolled down a big hill! I've wanted to do this for a long time and I wasn't disappointed! It was over all too quickly, but it was good fun while it lasted. :) I was going to do the Luge as well, but we didn't catch the bus back in time so we spent the rest of our time walking around Rotorua.
         From there we headed on to our campsite which was our one campsite without a shower, but it was worth it because the lake it was placed beside was beautiful, especially at sunset. This night was especially cold and I didn't get much sleep, but the people I was with and the places we visited made up for it and I was still bright and cheery and ready to go the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment