Wednesday, April 28, 2010

London Internship Placement

       Yesterday I received an email detailing the company at which I will most likely be completing my internship! I will still be required to interview with them when I get to London so it's not set in stone, but for now, I'm enjoying learning all that I can about this company which is called Party Planners. It was started in 1960 by Lady Elizabeth Anson. It's a small company, but they have a very impressive portfolio. They've planned events for pretty much every member of the royal family that I could think of which is just unfathomable to me although I'm not quite sure why I was so surprised considering where I'll be. So basically what I'm saying is, I might be planning an event for the queen of England this summer! EUSA also provided me with an extensive employee evaluation that has been very helpful in giving me details about what I might expect from my day to day work there. It also gave me incite into smaller and yet still very important details such as the dress code and what I can expect from the work atmosphere. From what I can tell, the events they plan tend to be very traditional and by that I mean that they are what I think of when I think of old England or medieval times. I am used to seeing very modern weddings and looking at their portfolio was more like the depiction of fairy-tales. I still have a lot to learn about the company, but from what I know so far, I'm extremely excited to be working for them this summer. Check out the website. http://www.party-planners.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment