Monday, April 5, 2010

Ella Enchanted

Ella Enchanted [ELLA ENCHANTED]I know this is sort of a kids book, but I'm sort of a kid still myself. This weekend I spent a pretty good amount of time alone and it was so nice. Sometimes I feel like I just need time to myself and this feeling had definitely been building in me for a while. I've been reading several books at once lately and it has kind of sucked some of the fun out of reading. The books I'm currently reading are made up or short stories or letters for the most part or my Bible which I always read in small amounts at a time. That being said, it has been pretty natural for me to read all of them at once, but there's just something to be said about reading a book straight though without ever having any desire to set it down, and that's precisely what I did with Ella Enchanted on Saturday. I was surprised at how much I loved this book. It was really well written which is rare for any book and more specifically I think for books written for this age group (teen). I know everyone says this about books, but I liked it a lot more than the movie (which I still like), and felt that the character of Ella was very strong and relate-able and well developed. If you're looking for an easy read and are a sucker for a charming prince, I definitely recommend reading this book. :)

p.s. Just trying out this new amazon link, I want to add photos, but I don't want to post anything that will be considered plagiarism and this seems like the easiest way of insuring that I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment