Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day trip to Brighton

        Today I took a two hour bus trip to Brighton with a few friends. Brighton is a small beach town outside of London and we were lucky to have perfect weather for our trip. We walked out on the pier and through the streets full of shops and restaurants. There were several used book stores and a whole street of vintage items sold by many street vendors. We walked all over and then took a much needed rest in the sun on a beach chair by the sea. It was an adorable town very much geared towards tourists like ourselves. Most of the people we saw walking around were probably only visiting for the day like ourselves. My favorite part was the pier which featured several carnival rides, an arcade, many adorable shops such as ice cream shops or shops that sold Belgian waffles on a stick! We ended our night at a restaurant overlooking the see and sat outside and ate fish & chips which felt like the correct thing to do. :) It was my first time having them here and considering Long John Silver's is admittedly one of my favorite fast food restaurants and a guilty pleasure, I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed the time we spent there and it's nice to know that the beach is so close if I even need a break from the city. It's now Sunday once again and I'm excited to be going to Hillsong Church again tonight! Hope you are all well! Much love! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment