Thursday, December 9, 2010

D-I-N-G-O and Dingo was his NAME-O

         My friend Anri and I both wanted to pet a koala, so we took a little trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park to complete this mission. The website insured us that we would be able to pet and get our photo taken with a koala for free, but it would be an understatement to say that I had my doubts that this was true. My expectation was that we would maybe get to pet a koala or a wallaby, but those expectations were completely blown out of the water! I was able to see every classic Australian animal with the exception of a platypus and I got to pet not only a koala, but also a kangaroo, a wallaby, an echidna, an emu, a parrot, a quokka and a wombat!! It was so amazing!
         We got there during the day on a weekday when not many people were there and got to spend all the time we wanted with the animals and then made it around the park a second time to watch several of the animals being fed which allowed us to pet the echidna (like a porcupine but cuter) which wouldn't normally have been possible. We got to feed a few of the animals too. I just can't get over the fact that these animals are so common in Australia when in my head they are so rare and exotic. It's safe to say that Featherdale made some of my Australian dreams come true!

On a random/nerdy note... when I look at these photos, I can't seem to stop thinking about what my score would be if I were playing Pokemon snap!  :-P

Animals Pictured Below
  • Parrot
  • Wallaby
  • Kookaburra
  • Quokka
  • Little Penguin
  • Crocodile
  • Flying Fox
  • Pink Cockatoo
  • Kangaroo
  • Wombat 
  • Koala
  • Peacock
  • Echidna
  • Emu
  • Tasmanian Devil
  • Tawny Frogmouth 
  • Dingo

No comments:

Post a Comment