Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Round One

        Guy & Abby have certainly been spoiled this Christmas with two full days of Christmas. They spent one day at each grandparents house, had Christmas here at our house, and then to top it off, they received tons of presents from the States sent by both my parents as well as my grandparents. They each got a bike for Christmas and a Nintendo DS, which I was very thankful for during the twelve hour car ride to Melbourne, and then lots of other fun toys and books.
         I decided somewhat last minute that I wanted to set up a treasure hunt for them for my gifts to the kids, and it worked out really well. They kind of didn't understand the concept at first, but as soon as they did they were off and running. My own mother has done this several times on Christmas morning and it was fun to carry on the tradition. These are the clues I gave them. They may not all make sense without really knowing the house, but you'll at least get the idea.

First: This rude reindeer you both must share, but finding your other gifts could be like pulling hair.
On a mission you must embark and find a new clue at every mark.
For the first you won't need to look far, but you will need to know that it's in your mum's car.

2 In this room we hardly use, next to a giraffe, you'll find your next clue.
3 Dozens of shoes your mum does own, look inside a red pair to learn where to go.
4 I see London, I see France, the next clue is hiding with Guy's underpants.
5 In the Playroom, high on a shelf, a rugged group of pirates treasures your next clue for themselves.
6 To be honest I've found a cockroach in here, but mostly this closet is used to store beer.
7 Now don't be thick and maybe think twice, because this little house could be a home for mice.
8 What's soft and pink and turns night into day? It might be your gifts, but until you find your next clue in the garage I really can't say.

Last: In this cabinet I hardly use, under the sink you'll find a gift for Abby and for you. 

I'm going to attempt to include video one more time so hopefully it works! Fingers crossed!

Clue # 4
 
Clue # 5

2 comments:

  1. this may be the most exciting thing i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't know about that, but thanks Aaron!

    Guy's last line is my favorite...

    "TO MY PIRATE SHIP!!!"

    ReplyDelete