Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

        Halloween is just starting to take off in Australia, but up until a few years ago, it really wasn't celebrated here at all. It has always been my favorite holiday and I'll use any excuse I can find to take part in all of the childish traditions, so I went all out for the kids and did my best to show them what Halloween is all about in the States. We had a little party for them and invited a few of their friends and this allowed them to decorate the house and also help me with a few fun Halloween desserts. I also took them and their friends trick-or-treating and we all dressed up and had a lot of fun going door-to-door asking for lollies (all candies here are called lollies) even if only about a third of the houses we went to participated in the tradition. They told me it was the best Halloween they'd ever had and that made it all worth it. I'd say the day was definitely a success. If you can't figure out what the desserts are...they are witch cupcakes and ghost rice crispy treats. The jellies I didn't make. Their daddy picked them up in Hong Kong for the party. ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment