Monday, May 31, 2010

Hillsong London

        Last night after our day trip to Oxford I went to the 6:00 service of Hillsong Church. I absolutely loved it and it was exactly what I needed. I had been feeling a little lonely here already and I really needed to find some community. I was also just feeling a little down about the city as a whole and I was in desperate need of finding other believers here in London. I love it here, but spiritually it's a pretty dark place.
        I went alone and I still felt a little bit on the fringe when I was there. There were probably a couple thousand people there and it was a full theater. I just kind of watched people interact and was feeling a little shy, but even just knowing that they were there in the city was encouraging. After the service there was a party at a place across the street where they had live music and dancing and I went there and really had a lot of fun! I met a ton of people including some really nice girls and even a girl from Indiana! lol. I got several of their numbers and will hopefully be keeping in contact with them during my time here. I'm really glad that I went and am planning to get involved in a connect group (basically a bible study) close to where I live. I feel refreshed and renewed and ready to do His work. =D I don't know how people live in this city without a church! I would never want to be without one.
       1st Day of work tomorrow! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment