Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Easter Show

        Every year, during the month surrounding Easter, Sydney holds something like our State Fairs that they call "The Easter Show." It's a bit pricey really. You have to pay for admission and then for all the food inside as well as an arm and a leg to ride the rides. The rides were maybe a step above the standard carnival rides and Caroline and I took the kids on a few and even rode one of the more adult ones together while they ate some lunch.
         They had all sorts of farm animals around in 4H style. People raise them and enter them in competitions and those animals are then displayed for you to see. They had baby piglets and a petting zoo and we watched horses jump obstacles and even saw a wood-chopping competition. It was a good time and it reminded me a lot of home. I'm glad I got to experience it while I was here in Sydney.

 The Three Little Pigs

No comments:

Post a Comment