Saturday, October 2, 2010

Venice

       I hate to say it, but Venice was just a tad bit boring. Venice just doesn't have much to do other than shop and ride around in a Gondola and there's only so much time you can spend on those things. It also didn't help that it rained much of the time that we were there and nothing sounded very appealing when it was raining buckets considering the only way to travel was by boat. We were good sports about it and ventured out anyway, but we couldn't find anything to do indoors, not even a movie theater, so it was honestly kind of miserable.
       The dry parts of our trip were a lot of fun and there's nothing quite like Venice so I'm glad we went there still, but I think it's really more of a hot spot for couples. If I ever went back I would have spent more time on the surrounding islands and the beach (which we planned to do the day it rained). My favorite part of our time in Venice was the last night when we went to the closest of these islands. I saw a lot more young people there and if I did it again I would probably have booked a hotel on one of these islands too because for some reason I liked the atmosphere more.
       I hope this doesn't deter anyone from going to Venice, just make sure you have a backup plan if it rains!


No comments:

Post a Comment